IT'S NOT JUST ADULT FRIENDFINDER WHO CAN'T COUNT

We all know that Adult FriendFinder was useless, deliberately useless, at counting. Its counts of views of profiles and blog posts were works of fiction, deliberately written to create an impression that more people are interested than is really the case. The cursor only needed to be within an inch or two of something and that would count as a view, never mind the bots and fakes the site probably used to artificially inflate the counts of profiles, etc.

On joining this Google-owned site, I presumed that it would be better than AFF at counting. It seems my presumption was misplaced.

Now I have no way of ascertaining the number of views each of my 11 blog posts have attracted but I know for sure the view counts will be low. So low that my five year old grandson could easily count the number of views I have here. By the way, he can now count up to a hundred with hardly any mistakes.

There are two ways I can find how many views each of my posts have attracted. One way is to click 'Posts'. Here my most popular post in terms of views is my first post. 'I Am Yet Another AFF Exile Here', with 150 views. And my least popular post is a more recent post, 'Spring Has Spung Here', with 22 views. What is most evident is the number of views per post has gone significantly down, more than halved from my first week of blogging to now in my second week of blogging. What is this telling me?!

The second way to see how many views my blog posts have is by clicking 'Stats'. This tells an opposite story than the 'Posts' story; it tells me that I'm getting more views than when I first started here. 'Stats' are telling me that my first post only attracted 3 views and my fourth post, 'Powers of Attorney', only attracted one miserly view even though the post attracted 26 comments. This is patently wrong unless it's possible to have more comments on than views of a blog post!

I haven't checked the comments counts here. But what's already clear is that Google can't add up and its statistics are flawed.


Comments

  1. I don't think this place has been updated since 16, it doesn't surprise me that the numbers are off. Try not to sweat the numbers, though, especially knowing they aren't working right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not at all worried about my numbers. I was just bemused, in a nerdy way, by the discrepancies.

      Delete
    2. I can tell you that wordpress' (where my website is hosted) system is different and more accurate. But, I don't think they're good with "adult" content. So, Blogger still makes more sense.

      Delete
    3. I've just read an interesting online article comparing Blogger with WordPress. It seems both have advantages and disadvantages when compared.

      Delete
    4. Also I came across a 'Search Blogspot' website; it's not a Google-sponsored website. It's totally useless. Even when I searched for Bow and Arrow Man, it couldn't find me. Perhaps I'm totally irrelevant!

      Delete
    5. I just checked my Stats showing over 1,000 views since blogging here, yet no where close to my comment count which gets not a heck of a lot of them..lol

      Delete
    6. Until more AFFers come over and/or until we escape the bubble, the view and comment numbers are going to be on the low side, however they're counted.

      Delete
    7. I'd be interested in that article comparing Blogger and Wordpress, can you send the link to me? Thanks!

      Delete
    8. I found three online articles comparing Blogger and WordPress. They are, in descending order of usefulness (in my opinion):
      https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/wordpress/wordpress-vs-blogger-where-should-your-blog-live
      https://themeisle.com/blog/blogger-vs-wordpress/#gref
      https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/software/blogger-vs-wordpress/

      Delete
    9. Smarty - I don't know why the three links above aren't live but hopefully you can copy-and-paste them into your search engine.

      Delete
  2. True... about all the messed up numbers everywhere. The issue is that blogger does NOT recognize unique views. So, if you went to view, correct, or edit your blog post multiple times, Blogger counts each of those as a "view." If you wanted more accurate numbers, try StatCounter.com . It's free and they will tell you exactly what your numbers are via email: huge differences, by the way. In any case... what's in a number? Size doesn't matter, does it? 😲🙈😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Size does not matter my friend..lol.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I've not come across the StatCounter website. I'm not worried about my numbers just intrigued that there were discrepancies in the counts here.

      Delete
    3. That was my assumption, that his views were bumped up by a few people coming back to comment multiple times.

      Delete
    4. It seems I am the person who most views my posts!

      Delete
  3. I know that Blogger sits on top of old tech. I wouldn't be surprised that some features aren't working as expected. I don't really pay attention to stats since I'm not after monetization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not interested in the numbers as such, I was just interested in the different numbers counting the same thing. I was being a bit nerdy!

      Delete
  4. I haven't noticed anything that looks way off in the "Manage Posts" view, but I agree you definitely should have at least as many views as you have comments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided now to not take much notice of the numbers, just like AFF!

      Delete
    2. Wise move. On AFF I'm now up to over 51,000 followers, lol. Definitely some shenanigans afoot there.

      Delete
    3. AFF can't ban you now with those numbers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?