MISSION ACCOMPLISHED



I've now retrieved all my blog posts that I wanted to rescue from Adult FriendFinder (AFF). This mission was accomplished over three days.

I've now got folders where my Amsterdam, climate change, Ess and Emm (a BDSM-styled cottage), Eurovision, girlfriends, Leeds United, sex clubs, sex parties, swinging and Tour de France blog posts are safely saved.

Going through my blog posts - there were nearly 2,000 of them, I was pleased that I had kept an index of all my blog posts as that made retrieving my posts much easier. I probably saved about a hundred blog posts.

One thing that struck me when looking at my blog posts is what a load of random rubbish I blogged about in my early blogging years. Some may say that very little has changed in my later blogging years!

Having saved my blog posts now means I can be freer in what I write about now. I've got what I wanted from AFF and another ban wouldn't affect me adversely. In fact, I think I'd see another ban as a badge of honour! I think it's time I post here my 'Dear Jon' letter that I penned a while back.

I'm still very much in lurk-mode on AFF. Because I haven't submitted a blog post since my return, I'm not getting any alerts for comments left on my blog. I'm only getting alerts for new blog posts submitted by bloggers I follow. With a few exceptions of blog posts from special friends, I'm just deleting the alerts without even reading the posts. I'm not bothering with Club 7, though I read the occasional posting to see what's bugging people on AFF.

I'm quite pleased that so far I've disciplined myself to not get sucked back into things.



Comments

  1. *Standing ovation* for several prolonged minutes.

    Job well done. I must say that I'm highly impressed you got it all done that quickly. So proud of you my friend, so proud.

    I'm not sure I would have had the same discipline. You did awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you and accomplishing your goal and also for your convictions and not being sucked back in. I have no doubt, it would be an easy thing to do as you are a well known and highly respected one from that site.. Huge High Five here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll only get sucked back in if and hopefully when Andrew wins his court case.

      Delete
    2. I hear you there and fingers are crossed.If that happens I would be ecstatic, but my days there are done.For my life now, and all the good things that have come out of being exiled, I am just a much happier person..

      Delete
    3. Being happy is key to everything.
      My heart has gone from AFF after our bans; my heart was going before the bans.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on accomplishing such a feat! 🥳🎉👏👏👏

    "Dear Jon," hey? Don't break his heart too badly 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't break Jon's heart as he doesn't seem to have one!

      Delete
  4. Impressive! My current status - starting number of posts 1890, down to 1643 (I am deleting after I save, or just plain deleting if the post is rubbish). Unlike you I am NOT saving my Tour de France posts, since most of them were just a short recap as an excuse to post a picture of cute bicycle racers - the photos are long gone, which makes the posts somewhat useless!

    I look forward to your kiss-off post although my guess is it might not be visible for long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly all my photos, especially on posts over a year old have nearly all disappeared.
      You are making steady progress in saving your posts. As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day!
      In my case, it helped that I wasn't saving all my posts. And because I was nerdy enough to maintain an index of my blog posts, it was quite easy to find what I wanted to save.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?