PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION

Generally I am not too affectionate with partners in public. I rarely hold hands, hug, cuddle or kiss in public. In fact, I think I am far less affectionate now than when I first started having girlfriends.

How affectionate are you towards partners and others in public?

I'm probably most affectionate when I greet female friends. I will often greet them with a kiss on the cheek or, if close fiends, a hug. Male friends have to make do with a nod of acknowledgement and maybe a handshake from me.

I think it was my background - my parents never showed me any physical affection in public or in private. And boarding school certainly didn't make me more affectionate towards others.

PS. I was tempted to do a JN and make this blog post into a two-parter to make it less wordy!




Comments

  1. This is relatively short compared to your usual!

    Though I was more into it when I was younger, I’m not really into public displays of affection as much anymore.

    I mean sure I hug people I know when I greet them no matter where I am, but I’m not likely to hold someone’s hand while walking.

    We were an affectionate family. I can’t blame my change on that.

    I suspect this has more to do with my how much my independence has grown over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that WAS short!
    I suppose I'm somewhat of a chameleon, I take my cue from the person I'm with. HWD is very affectionate, so yes, sometimes we hold hands when walking. When we went to a concert last month he would stand next to me and put his arm around me. It doesn't extend to, like, making out though! That is kind of unseemly for a 55 and 66 year old couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in an affectionate household and I am a hand holder and hugger when with my partner, yet do not do it every five minutes when out in public. I do hug my guy friends, along with my girlfriends when I see them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I've become less affectionate with partners, I've become more affectionate towards friends.

      Delete
    2. While we are with our partners daily as a rule, our friends are a different matter, hence a more Public Display Of Affection with them I think..

      Delete
  4. I'm good with holding hands while out and about, but not into making out in public.

    Did you get a tummy ache or something? This post was mighty short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to get to the point with my blog posts!

      Delete
    2. From Tuesday to Wednesday this week!

      Delete
    3. LMFAO!!!! You all never cease to make me laugh and I Thank you..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?