I'M CRACKING

I'm just writing this for reasons of transparency.

My stance regarding Adult FriendFinder (AFF) since getting banned was to get back primarily to retrieve some of my blog posts. Also, I wanted to say 'goodbye' on my own terms rather than unceremoniously disappearing.

After retrieving my blog posts, I decided that I didn't want to deactivate my account as I wanted to maintain a link to my blog. With hindsight, it would have been easier to have done a 'hello I'm back' blog post as I wasn't actually saying 'goodbye' in the only blog post I've submitted since my ban was lifted. Also, it would have saved me time stating that I was back in one single blog post than writing the same thing to many people in comments and replies on a multitude of blog posts.

Since my return to AFF, I have been in lurk mode reading blog posts and occasionally commenting on posts submitted by my blogging friends. My plan was to resume blogging there if and hopefully when Andrew Conru wins his court case against Jon Buckheit. But I've realised over the last few days that my blogging boycott wasn't going to have any effect on anything and that lurking, though okay, isn't as satisfying as blogging.

The moment I realised that I was cracking was when I came across an old draft email about my next battle of foods/drinks. I had prepared a poll on steaks to come out just before the 14th of March when Steak and BJ Day fell. But I got banned before I could submit my blog post. When I re-read my draft email, I realised I had probably spent a few hours compiling it. I just couldn't send the draft email to my trash folder! I can't submit the post here as this platform doesn't allow for polls. And even if polls could be done here, a poll in this bubble would only attract a handful of casted votes.

Though in all likelihood I will slowly resume blogging on AFF, I have no intention of stopping blogging here. Far from it. This blogging platform, for some reason, has allowed me to compile and submit even wordier blog posts than on AFF! My only dilemma now is to decide what audience I should inflict my verbiage on!


Comments

  1. I totally get it.

    When people started seeing me back, I got bombarded with phone calls, texts, and emails. I knew the only way to handle it was to write something. There was no way I could tell everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I was bombarded but I did get quite a lot of bloggers saying I should carry on blogging on AFF. I think at last my anger about AFF, and Jon and Ali in particular, has subsided. I need to move on.

      Delete
  2. I did wonder when I saw that you had posted another food poll...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Wordy triumphantly returns 😂

    No, but seriously, I get how you changed course and decided to start posting. The bitter taste will never go away, but interacting with other bloggers will be therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the growing realisation that my blogging boycott wasn't going to change anything. And I'm no martyr!

      Delete
  4. I myself am just glad you will still be here to blog Mr.Wordy so I can enjoy reading you wordy posts...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?