SUSHI ART

To mark International Sushi Day on 18th of June, a London art gallery very recently exhibited a series of celebrity busts.

The food artist Michelle Wibowo, from West Sussex on the English south coast, used traditional sushi ingredients like sushi rice (aka shari and sumeshi), smoked salmon and pickled ginger, to create the busts of many famous British celebrities.

The artist made sushi heads of celebrities like Alison Hammond, Benedict Cumberbatch, Bukayo Saka, Dermot O'Leary, Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Harry Kane, and Lorraine Kelly.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few spelling mistakes of the names of several celebrities. I must admit I'm not too impressed with her art and I certainly wont be rushing down to London to see Michelle Wibowo's sushi heads at that art exhibition.

Have you eaten sushi?
If so, do you like eating sushi?

I've never tried eating sushi and I'm not tempted, mainly because sushi is often made with seafood and even raw seafood.


Comments

  1. I don't know why, but when I first read the first line, I thought it said celery busts and I was like what the hell? LMFAO

    I don't eat sushi
    I won't eat sushi

    And it's the same reason as yours: seafood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like some seafood such as prawns/shrimps but I don't want to eat raw seafood.

      Delete
  2. I Love sushi 🍣 and could easily eat it daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I thought the sushi busts are kind of cool myself. Raw tuna sashimi along with pickled ginger is my go to when eating Japanese cuisine..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but only vegetarian sushi which goes to ...
    No, expensive rice with a modicum of expensive vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely give vegetarian sushi a try.

      Delete
    2. The standards are somewhat boring. If you can find a sushi chef that's creative and likes a challenge, good things can happen. Had that a couple times with chef/owner.

      Delete
    3. There aren't too many Japanese restaurants outside London in this country.

      Delete
    4. It does. It's a toss-up whether to go to one of the two Japanese restaurants or to the one or two vegetarian restaurants in Nottingham. Now it's totally different when it comes to Indian food here.

      Delete
  4. Decisions, decisions. Or, play matchmaker and hookup the vegetarians with the Japanese. Indian a favorite as many vegetarian choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indian cuisine has a lot of great vegetarian dishes.

      Delete
  5. Yes. And, there's one restaurant here that does dinner buffet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indian buffet restaurants are great and usually they'll accept bespoke orders too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, but dinner buffet much rarer than lunch.

      Delete
    3. We have Indian restaurants here that all day is a buffet.

      Delete
  6. Great. We've got somewhere to eat after the next shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The names are play on words. Brilliant 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?