WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT ALI

"What's it all about Alfie" is the opening line of the Alfie song, a song penned by Burt Bacharach and Hal David to promote the Alfie film, released in 1966, starring Michael Caine. Cilla Black (see photo below) sang the song that was first recorded in 1965 and released as a single in 1966 - Dionne Warwick also later had a hit with this song. Burt Bacharach later said Alfie was one of the best songs he had written.


I now sing this song in my head with the opening line, what's it all about Ali!

I've been looking back at the ban of the four exiles from Adult FriendFinder (AFF). All four of us have now been reinstated. It just doesn't make sense, or at least it makes little sense to me.

I cannot fully understand why we got banned in the first place. I couldn't fully understand Jon Buckheit's role in proceedings. It seems clear that Ali R was behind our ban and subsequent reinstatement. I couldn't fully understand whey we all weren't reinstated in one go or at least our accounts reactivated in one go. I didn't understand the purpose of emailing Ali R to get reinstated.

What's it all about Ali?

The only thing that made sense was that, without the intervention of anastasia acting as an intermediary, we would never have got unbanned. When I first got banned many years ago, I also had to go through back door channels to get back onto AFF. I don't really understand that when the site makes a decision and, in this more recent case decisions made by Ali R, that its decisions can be quite easily reversed even if it takes perseverence and a bit of time.

I was getting increasingly angry at the time, mainly because of Ali R's refusal to reply to my emails. I just wanted things to have been sorted quicker than they were - either I was banned or I was unbanned. The issue at the time was using up too much of my emotional energy. My anger subsided a few weeks after getting my ban lifted. Now calmer, I can even smile about AFF's shenanigans.

What's it all about Ali?


Comments

  1. You know how much myself, along with Jaye and Deb can relate to this my fellow former exile. I agree we all should have been reinstated at the same time but that didn't happen. Ana was instrumental and fought for us all I am so grateful for her undying love, support and friendship through it all . Personally though I could not have asked for better friends and human beings to have been exiled with and would do it all over again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a weird episode, but then there have been many during my long tenure on AFF! I'm happy that it all came to a more or less satisfactory conclusion. Silver lining, it was a kick in the butt for me to start saving off my content in case the same thing happens to me some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're making good headway saving your blog posts from AFF.

      Delete
  3. It was a weird experience and I still have no idea. I wish I knew what sparked it but it’s obvious they won’t tell us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time I thought I knew what was going on - a purge of criticism. But I'm not so sure now. To ban four so-called top bloggers and then reinstate them one-by-one was strange.

      Delete
    2. All I got was the were trying to put an end to the negativity.

      My suspicion is that because we have larger followings they were more focused on us than others

      Delete
    3. But it's not as if the site has ended negativity by its cull. The site recently introduced a new tariff of membership, which basically new standards get very little and new golds don't get as much. Then if reports posted today are to be believed, the site is requiring ID confirmation before bloggers can upload an image on their blog posts (but can do so as a comment). It may be a glitch.

      Delete
  4. The entire banning thing didn't make sense. It appeared that things I posted back in January bought their ire, but why ban me 2 months later?? I'm sorry that you three got dragged down by standing up for me.

    Ali told me that the site was heading in the direction of needing age verification with all the laws that have passed, so it was inevitable, but the implementation doesn't make sense. I hope they start offering other options than sending in photo IDs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The site is only asking for ID confirmation but undoubtedly age verification can be ascertained from most identity documents.
      Britain has just passed a law requiring social media sites to verify the ages of its users.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I AM YET ANOTHER AFF EXILE HERE

DEAR JON

IS ADULT FRIENDFINDER IN ITS DEATH THROES?